Friday, December 22, 2006

hi rosie!

so i have a new crush. i haven't a clue what she looks like, but she is awesome! hi, rosie. now, half the time i'm not sure where my blog is, and some how she found it, and thought enough to post a reply, which is great and all, but what got me was i looked at her blog which had a great title like "smokey mountain breakdown." now, i want to make it clear, i am not a stalker, i am waaaaaaaaaaay to lazy for that. i just looked at her profile and read a bit of her blog, which i think is just curtious since she read mine. anyways she lives with goats and a dog and her interests are listed as: Puppetry Art Costume Design & Construction Comparative Theology Fishing Hunting Goats Chickens LBG/Gender Studies Antiques all things dog barbeque kickboxing social history politics journalism Democrats. now i just think that's the coolest. i know i've only written about gender theory, but really there are other things i love, many of them on her list. now i would rather be forced to become an accountant than fish, but i am soo in the democrats that don't mind guns camp, i adore anti-cues, puppets (like the complex ones, not the sock ones) i drool at costume design and when pressed i can sew (badly, but still), and i love ring sports. and while i prefer ifc to kick boxing, my favorite is sumo wrestling, which i love for it's tradition as well as the action. oh, and lord knows i love movies, and she lists fritz lang somewhere, and there is something so beautiful about german expressionism. but really my taste leans towards the asian right now. and i have discovered my love of korean film is somewhat trendy. it's just they are making the most compelling work for me.but anyhow, here is to rosey, one of (i assume) my fantastic 3 readers (think the other two are me)!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

Hey Nicki!

Thanks for the lovely post. Haven't checked in for a while since I've been going through a rather intense personal tragedy...the loss of my 5 yo service dog to liver failure.

Anyhoo...my tastes are currently running into Asian film and animation right now as well. Though Lang will always occupy a special place in my heart, I'm revisiting Kurosawa's canon right now and am finding all sorts of things I didn't see the first time around. I also enjoy anime as a sort of guilty pleasure and am looking at wuxia more seriously.

You are more than likely much more knowledgeable concerning film than I.

Thanks again...Rosie

January 7, 2007 at 8:55:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home